Cooking Time: 6 hours
Total Servings: Serves 4
|Pork butt, boneless||4 to 6 lbs|
|Garlic, granulated||¾ cup|
|Pepper, black, ground||¼ cup|
|Salt, kosher||¼ cup|
- Using a large roasting pan, place the pork into the pan. Generously season the pork on all sides with the garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil. Roast covered in a 350-degree convection oven for 3-4 hours or until the pork is fork tender and the meat can be pulled easily apart.
- Remove, uncover and let cool for 30-60 minutes where the pork is still hot/warm but manageable to be pulled apart.
- Pull the pork, slightly shredding the pork as you separate the fat from the meat. Place the pulled pork on a baking sheet or large pan and refrigerate to cool to below 41 degrees. Cover and reserve until needed. Discard the fat.
- Make your favorite recipe! (North Carolina Pulled Pork Sliders are shown above.)